Sunday, June 13, 2010

Fatherhood Week: Shepherds


"I have seen many beautiful images of Christ carrying a sheep or lamb over his shoulders, but perhaps this image is tender to me because it reminds me that it is often the humble men of this earth who carry us when we need help, our fathers, grandfathers and friends, who are following their Savior's path."

Our Aunt Gail posted the above photo and words on her blog a few months ago and we thought them a perfect start to this week's Father's Day Celebration.

We too are indebted to all the men in our lives who bless and carry us as they follow in the Good Shepherd's footsteps.

1 comment:

Grandma lu said...

Elder Packer's talk last conference has been on my mind, and with Father's Day looming it comes to mind again and I think of all the men in my life who are such a blessing. I thank my Heavenly Father every day for my grandfathers, father, brothers, husband, and sons and tell all my grandaughters there is noting more attractive than a rightous man.