Monday, January 31, 2011

Come, Listen to a Prophet's Voice

I'm sad to have to have neglected this little space so long.  Although there is not a great likelihood that I will post any original content here anytime soon, I want to continue filing some of the helpful words I stumble across in my study.  Today I loved this from Elder Orson F. Whitney:

“The spirit of the gospel is optimistic; it trusts in God and looks on the bright side of things. The opposite or pessimistic spirit drags men down and away from God, looks on the dark side, murmurs, complains, and is slow to yield obedience.”

Quoted in Elder Holland's (brilliant) address, "The Tongue of Angels," April 2007

4 comments:

heath said...

That was one of my all-time favorite talks. Thanks for posting on this blog again!

jeanine said...

Yea! I'm glad that you posted on here again! I love this quote!

DeAnna Packer said...

Positive thoughts and actions often come naturally, and yet, I am beginning to see that we need to keep 'seeking' after this 'gift'to keep it active in our lives.
I believe that is why we get such a lift out of General Conference. We all NEED those optomistic views that the Gospel brings.

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Hey there, Jeannine told me about your blog...You should come over and join the Book of Mormon Forum!!!

I'd love to have you: http://beinglds.blogspot.com/2011/10/book-of-mormon-forum-blog-hop.html

email if you'd like to join: jocelyn.christensen@gmail.com